Do you wish to study in the UK? Good news! We are here to inform you about the Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship application that is currently ongoing at the Queen Mary University of London. In this article, we will be discussing the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility, and the application process.
The Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship is offered for a Ph.D. degree in Intellectual Property Law. This scholarship is provided by the Queen Mary University of London. Queen Mary University of London (QMUL, or informally QM) is a public research university in London, England, and a member institution of the federal University of London.
It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785. Queen Mary College, named after Mary of Teck, was acknowledged to the University of London in 1915 and in 1989 combined with Westfield College to form Queen Mary and Westfield College. In 1995 Queen Mary and Westfield College combined with St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and the London Hospital Medical College to form the School of Medicine and Dentistry.
The core Mile End campus contains the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Science and Engineering, the Queens’ Building, the main college library, the student union, Draper’s bar and club, several restaurants, several halls of residences, and a gym. The educational and research sites of the Arts Research Centre, Computer Science, the large Engineering building, G.E. Fogg Building, Francis Bancroft Building, G. O. Jones Building, Joseph Priestley Building, Lock-keeper’s Graduate Centre, and the Mathematical Science Building, are all located within the Mile End campus.
Around 26,000 students study at the 21 academic schools and institutes, with over 40 percent coming from overseas, representing over 170 different nationalities. Queen Mary presented over £2 million in studentships to prospective postgraduate students for the 2011/12 academic year.
In the 2021 QS, World University Rankings Queen Mary ranked 114th worldwide. Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 rated Queen Mary 110th in the world. Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020 rates Queen Mary between 201 and 300 in the world. The university was rated 51st in the world in the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2018. 2021 U.S. News & World Report ranks Queen Mary as 114th every month in terms of average UCAS points of the entrant, Mary rated 32nd in Britain in 2014. The university gives offers of admission to 43.6% of its applicants, the 12th lowest amongst the Russell Group.
According to the 2017 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, approximately 12% of Queen Mary’s undergraduates come from independent schools. In the 2016–17 academic year, the university had a domicile breakdown of 68:10:22 of UK: EU:non-EU students correspondingly with a female to male ratio of 54:46.
Worth of the Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship
The successful applicants of the Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees at the EU rate or the overseas rate.
- 17,000 pounds per year will be paid to the recipient on a monthly basis throughout the year starting from September 2022.
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship
- The Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship Program identifies and supports extraordinary full-time students who show the probable to make an outstanding contribution to intellectual property law. This program supports PhD students in intellectual property law and those working at the crossing of intellectual property law and other areas of sciences and humanities.
- The Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship is for new applicants who will register at the start of the coming academic year, in September 2022. Therefore, current Ph.D. students who registered before September are not eligible to apply for the award.
- Please note the Ph.D. programs are available in September entry only. Applicants for the Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship must fulfill the necessary academic necessities to be eligible for the program (this comprises graduating from their LLM course with a detailed grade or higher). Therefore, students graduating in November 2022 can only start their studies in September 2022 and are not eligible for this award (unless they have earlier graduated from an LLM degree taken earlier).
- The Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship is therefore open to both UK and non-EU applicants.
How to Apply for the Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship
Are you interested or qualified for this scholarship? Kindly use the link below to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline for the Fully Funded Herchel Smith Scholarship
The application deadline for this scholarship is June 2, 2022.
Official Website: Click here